Most Influential Photos

Lunch Atop A Skyscraper, 1932

There were 3 photographers present when the photo was taken, which are Charles C. Ebbets, Thomas Kelley and William Leftwich. It is unknown which one actually took the photo. I liked this photo because it shows how people had very dangerous jobs back then and were able to do things like have lunch on a steel beam hundreds of feet high. It also looks very beautiful as the men are casually enjoying lunch with the background filled with skyscrapers and Central Park.

Flag Raising On Iwo Jima, Joe Rosenthal, 1945

This photo was taken after the United States led a deadly yet successful push to take the island of Iwo Jima from Japan. I love this photo because it shows a patriotic message of the deadly sacrifices needed to fight against evil empires like the Japanese during this time period. and the American flag being a symbol of hope and freedom.

Muhammad Ali Vs. Sonny Liston, Neil Leifer, 1965

This photo was taken after Muhammad Ali KO’d Sonny Liston in a thrilling boxing match. I like this photo because it shows Ali winning although he was seen as controversial and disliked by many, especially the media. He symbolizes the ideas of victory and hard work as seen in the photo.